Posted on April 6, 2023 at 4:30 PM by Joan Carr
Stuffed Bell Peppers
This recipe is as fun to make as it is to eat! It was the featured recipe at our Mommy, Daddy and Me cooking event at the Church Health Center demonstration kitchen on April 3, 2023. It can be made with ground beef, ground turkey or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Serve with a side salad topped with our homemade ranch dressing and this quick, easy dinner is a hit with kids and adults!
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Salt to Taste
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese for topping.
Nutrition: Per one half-pepper serving: Calories: 221 cal, carbohydrates: 19 g, protein: 18 g, fat: 3 g, cholesterol: 61 mg, sodium: 248 mg, fiber: 3 g, sugar: 1 g
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice bell pepper and remove seeds.
- Massage bell peppers with sunflower oil and place on baking sheet.
- Place Sliced Bell Peppers into oven for 15minutes.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add remaining sunflower oil and then ground protein. Brown your protein, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Once protein is brown, add the diced onion, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper. Cook for 3-4 more minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add the marinara sauce and chopped spinach.
- Let sauce simmer for 2-3 more minutes until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat and stir in brown rice.
- Remove peppers from over and stuff them with the filling.
- Place peppers back on casserole dish and return to oven.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add mozzarella to top of each pepper.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
Homemade Ranch Dressing:
- ¾ cup Plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 ½ tsp. Cider Vinegar
- 1 ¼ tsp. Dried Dill
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
Combine all ingredients, mix well, chill for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Nutrition: Size: 2 tbsp. Calories: 30 fat: 2 g (sat fat: 1 g) sodium: 95 mg, carbohydrate: 2 g (fiber: 0 g)