Patient Eligibility for Program Services
Hepatitis B-positive pregnant women, their babies (before and after birth), and at-risk contacts are eligible to receive services under the PHBP Program.
- Case identification and education
- Visits to HBs-Ag-positive women and at-risk contacts for health education and case management services
- Referral to the health department or medical providers for screening and immunization or advice to seek medical management, if infected
- HBV education of the public and healthcare providers
- Periodic evaluation of hospital and laboratory practices and polices