Through the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program and the Center for Disease Control, the Tennessee Breast and Cervical Screening Program(TBCSP) helps low income, uninsured women in Shelby County get access recommended breast and cervical cancer screenings and diagnostic services.
TBCSP provides referrals for screenings and diagnostic tests for women and men who qualify, including women, transgender men and women and for cis-men in some circumstances.
TBCSP also provides patient navigation services to help all Tennesseans overcome barriers and get timely access to quality care. In addition to funding screening and diagnostic services for eligible men and women, TBCSP can provide connections to needed follow-up care.
To qualify for TBCSP services, you must be a Shelby County resident and meet the following requirements:
- Identify as female, transgender female, or transgender male. (Cis-gender males may also qualify if they are experiencing symptoms.)
- Meet age and clinical requirements for breast or cervical screening.
- Not currently receiving cancer treatment for breast/cervical cancer
- Have income at or below 250% of Federal Poverty Level (FPL) for family size
- Uninsured or under-insured
How to Apply:
Contact the Shelby County Health Department at (901) 545-8710, (901) 545-8720 or (901) 545-8722 to complete an eligibility assessment and schedule an appointment.
Find out more about the Tennessee Breast & Cervical Screening Program.
Find out more about cervical cancer and recommended screenings.